Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ebeneezers -- God is Good!

At North Metro, we have had several sermons on Ebeneezer. How the Israelites built monuments with rocks to remember what God had done for them. We have had so many blessings this summer! I am so honored to see how God is moving in our lives.

1.  Our cars -- Chris and I have both had a tough time with our cars this summer. One car or the other has been in the shop all summer long. We have spent so much money trying to fix minor things.  My car was in the shop a few weeks ago, and I was using Chris' car to run errands for my new job (we'll get to those details later).  As I was leaving Marietta City Schools, Chris' car would not shift gears!  We had it towed to a shop and they said it would be $900 to fix! We definitely were thinking we would have to use most of our savings to buy a new car...which at the time I was all for!  But my wise husband said, let's see if I can fix it. I wasn't very hopeful, but we agreed to have it towed home.  Well sure enough, our tow truck driver told Chris that he used to be a mechanic. He popped the hood and showed Chris how minor a repair was needed.  In fact, all Chris had to do is make sure a loop is on a screw. If ever the car won't shift gears, all he has to do is pop the hood and make sure the loop is still on there.  Is this ideal? No. But did it save us $900 or the cost of a new car? Yes! God is sooo good!

2.  My job -- I was content to stay at home..but I missed teaching!  When I thought all hope was gone, I got a call out of the blue from Marietta High School.  They didn't even have a job posted yet!  I had applied for job there in May, but had not gotten it.  Then, in July I sent a message to the principal with my resume mentioning that I was still available for any possible openings.  Next thing I know, I have an interview with the principal for a position. I didn't know if this was a full time thing or not.

My interview went well.  Ms. Colburn is an Alabama grad -- Roll Tide! And her son currently goes to Alabama and is studying education.  She said that I greatly impressed her!  She introduced me to the drama teacher (because I wanted to help with drama) and the other English teachers.  She had two openings. One full time, one long term sub. I ended up getting the long term sub position. She told me that this is a great way to get my foot in the door and have possible job in the future.

I am enjoying teaching 12th grade! (9th grade..not so much!)  But still, the kids are much more independent. I have tons of planning time.  AND I get to eat lunch with adults! The only downside is having to wake up at 5:45 a.m. in order to get to work on time.  I really enjoy teaching literature, not just reading skills! I feel like I am finally using my English degree.  I hope this turns into a full time gig for next year! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!  Now I have to get used to all of the papers to grade!!

Anniversary blessing -- With me being out of work over the summer, we didn't think it was wise for us to spend money on an anniversary trip or gifts.  I was kinda bummed out but understood.  Well, Stephanie and Chad had tickets to go to see Phantom of the Opera. They had bought them for Chad's parents, but last minute they couldn't attend. So, we were able to celebrate our anniversary with Steph and Chad seeing a Broadway show! Again, God is great! He never fails us!
Enjoying an anniversary surprise with The Heller's!



Happy Anniversary!

Financial blessing -- Since I started my job, I found out that I don't get paid until the end of Sept. AND my unemployment will no longer be coming in because I am working. So that means..no money for a month! In fact, unemployment didn't even want to give me my money for one of the weeks that I only worked one day!  But praise the Lord! After a week of going back and forth with them, they finally agreed to pay me for the previous week! Again, his blessings are never ending!

No comments: