So....not sure how I felt about Glee this past week. When I saw the first 5 min. of the show, I immediately thought...oh, no! Not Glee! Please don't do this to Glee! I didn't want the episode to continue because I felt if it did then I wouldn't be able to love Glee anymore!
I thought the Grilled Cheesus was definitely over the top. And I hated that Finn was praying to touch Rachel's boobs and win a game. It made me so sad that he ended up losing faith in Cheesus? God? because of his talk with the school counselor. This whole thing confused me.
The story line with Rachel was typical. She's a Jew, she wants Finn to have Jewish babies, she wanted to pray for Kurt's dad by singing a song from Yentil. I got that.
I also understood where Coach Sue was angry at God for what had happened to her sister. Therefore, causing her to not believe in God at all. I get it. I am at least happy that she didn't rat out Will for letting the kids sing "What if God was one of us". Which by the way....who else thinks this song is pointless...God was one of us.. Jesus!
I even understood Kurt who was also angry at God for his mother's death and therefore chose not to believe. I didn't understand him not wanting other people's prayers. But I am glad that Mercedes was able to invite him to church and get him to see that people were just trying to show they cared. (I also like that he came to church b/c he was able to wear a hat -- if only it were that simple)
I think if I had to identify with anyone it would be Mercedes. She wasn't pushy, but she stood by her faith. She loved Kurt and showed him, in my mind, what Christianity is about.
Anyways, I understand that it isn't a "Christian show" so they had to address all different religions and also atheism. It just gave me the willy's!
What did you all think?
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment