Saturday: Whitewater trip to celebrate Chris' sister's birthday (2 days before his)! We had fun until the lightening came! Thank goodness for rain vouchers. I felt bad that Cambria and her husband drove over here from Birmingham only to ride 3 rides and have to call it quits.
Sunday: Church with Chris' family in Birmingham. Then off to Firebirds to celebrate Chris' birthday. We ate great food, watched a slide show, and announced our pregnancy. Chris received some awesome gifts (i.e. a monogrammed guitar strap, Star Trek DVD, new DVD player, and gift cards)! Finally, we had an Alabama cake (the one perk of being back in Alabama for his birthday).
Favorites from Sunday: 1. Ayleiah guarding the sign in poster. As soon as anyone walked in the room, she demanded that they sign in. Then she was adamant about passing out the cake to everyone at the party. She was a quite a helper. I was impressed with a 4 year old's ability to steady a plate with cake on it! She will be co-hosting all future parties! :) 2. Leionna sticking her finger in the cake, then rubbing the icing on her face. 3. Chris' uncle's hat.
After the party, we went back to Chris' parents to hang with the family and then drove back to Atlanta.
Monday: We celebrated Chris' birthday by staying home and relaxing. I went and picked up Olive Garden To-Go. I drove a blind-folded Chris around the world trying to confuse him about where we were going. When we ended up at home, he was not surprised...the guy is smart! Anyways, we enjoyed our candle-lit dinner and Chris' favorite dessert -- homemade Strawberry Shortcake! Afterwards, we watched Wolfman and then called it a night.
Tuesday: Pizza and Laser Tag! We had friends over to the house for pizza! Afterwards, we showed the slide show announcing our pregnancy. Next up: Cake! Finally, we ended the night with 2 games of Laser Tag. Angela took the first game with her sniper strategy. Jeneane followed suit by winning the second game. I came in 2nd place on the 2nd game. I was surprised at how much fun it was!! $2.50 for 10 min. of Laser tag isn't half bad! We enjoyed a great time with friends!
| The cake that said it all! |
| The most fun I've had in awhile! |
Now, I'm exhausted..... :)
1 comment:
We had a great time with you guys, and we are still so happy for you!!!!
Post a Comment