Friday, June 18, 2010
Dangers of Social Media
Yesterday, I was so excited about my new blog; I couldn't wait for Chris to see it!!! I asked Chris when he first got home from work to come and look at it....he was not so interested. So later in the night, I begged him to look at it. I even added in the pretty please. Sitting 15 feet away, he looks up and says, "Oh, nice". I responded with, "there is no way you can see that from all the way over there!" He drags himself away from the NBA finals (hehe) and comes over to the computer. Now, you might think that he complimented my computer savvy or said that he liked my layout or template or photo. Nope, instead he said, "Holly, you know how I feel about social media." Huh? Since I am the more "mature" partner, I ignored this comment. But as I pondered these things in my heart (just as Mary did when she found out she was pregnant with baby Jesus), and I realized that his statement is nuts! Chris has an email account, a facebook account, a myspace account. Not to mention, he reads all of his news (sports and otherwise) online. He reads numerous blogs about Alabama recruiting (Roll Tide!) and listens to Paul Finebaum online. Furthermore, he is up to all hours of the night looking for jobs online. Oh and let's not forget, You Tube. Chris watches full movies on there! How are these things not social media? True, he rarely checks his email or facebook or myspace. But the point is..he participates in this dreaded, evil "social media". Now for the below the belt statement (when I become the not so "mature" partner): Are fantasy football leagues social media? I think so! Things that make you go hmm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment